Villa Savoye is a villa located in the French town of Poissy, France, built from 1928 to 1931 by Le Corbusier and his cousin Pierre Jeanneret.
Rising on a plot of seven hectares, this construction, baptized “the Clear Hours” by its owners and described as a “living machine” by its architect, completes the period known as the architect’s “white villas”.
Characterized by its purity and harmony, this major building of 20th century architecture, still retains its avant-garde character.
It is made up of a white parallelepiped supported by thin pilings and covered with band windows, topped with roof terraces. The site was inscribed in 2016, along with 16 other architectural works by Le Corbusier, on the UNESCO World Heritage List.